#265971 25/08/19 09:36 PM
B
BMX50 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hi,

i have install a fresh 7.57 of mIRC. i cannot send any files or chat request time out. i have set my port forward on mIRC and my modem and they match. i use Mcafee livesafe and have the firewall set to allow mIRC to internet connections for programs/mIRC/access incoming and outgoing to use designated ports. i still cannot send or chat. does anyone have any suggestions or use Mcafee Livesafe that may know if i'm over looking something so i can get mIRC working Please? Thank You.

BMX50 #265972 25/08/19 11:45 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You posted about this kind of problem 2 years ago, and never answered then.
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/261389/cant-dcc-send

Is this a continuation of the same problem, or had you fixed it then?

maroon #265973 26/08/19 12:29 AM
B
BMX50 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Maroon Thank You for the reply, alot has happen since the post from 2 years. i tried different installs of mIRC same issue. i totally wipe mIRC and now have 7.57 install and just trying to do a normal send and chat. i'm no programmer so i don't use any scripts. i do believe it's something in the mcafee livesafe anti virus, and i was hoping someone that uses this can help me pin point the problem within it. i don't know what else to check or set in the anti virus to get it working. can't get help in chat rooms on mIRC.

BMX50 #265977 26/08/19 09:08 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You could also try disabling the anti-virus or firewall completely to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, you know that it is due to them. If it does not, you know that you need to make a change to the settings in mIRC to make it work. This may require changing the settings in Options/Connect/Local or the UPnP settings in Options/Connect/Options/Ports (if your router has UPnP enabled).

Khaled #265978 27/08/19 01:55 AM
B
BMX50 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
ok i have tried everything under the sun to get files to send get the box that it wants to send to someone but it never sends. try to chat to someone and they never respond. so sad when you want to send others will not help.

BMX50 #266218 21/10/19 09:33 PM
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
V
It could also be your network settings (router), are the ports open so you can send, and person you are sending to is he/her behind a firewall and can they receive files from other persons ?
I would definitely try to uninstall Mcafee, not just disable it, and make sure it´s gone, Norton Internet security some versions ago, continued to be installed and block access to certain even through you uninstalled it (it was preloaded with a laptop), search for the files in the windows drive. Also get another antivirus, there are much better options out there and for free smile https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/

Link Copied to Clipboard