mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
m0v Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I'm running mirc 7.55 with many active mrc scripts and many network windows (30+)

I had no issues running mirc on windows server 2012 r2 (connecting via rdp from computer/phone)

Since I switched to windows server 2019, mirc is fine when connecting via rdp (from computer)

However, connecting via android (with microsoft rdp client) mirc cpu usage spikes and becomes unresponsive, disconnecting from all networks

I tried microsoft rdp beta client, same thing... however when I try other rdp clients, doesn't appear mirc has any issues (but I much prefer the ms client)

A friend experienced the same issue running mirc on windows server 2019, even when connecting via rdp without mobile app.. he was forced to revert back to windows server 2012

Beyond a bug report, does anyone have any ideas to try to troubleshoot this? I've racked my brain trying to come up with solutions but so far nothing fixes this issue frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report.

The first step in issues like this is to install a clean copy of mIRC into your documents folder, using the "portable" option in the installer, and to run it without any scripts or addons.

If you do this, do you still see the same issue in the clean copy of mIRC?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just Googled this issue and came across many reports of users experiencing similar issues with other applications.

Have you tried searching through similar reports in Google to try some of the suggested solutions, eg. such as turning off Windows firewall, changing settings in the RDP dialog, etc.?

Link Copied to Clipboard