mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Atticus Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
After some digging around in the help file and a little reading elsewhere, it has come to my attention that there isn't any way to control the "offical" (non-custom) windows in mIRC, nor is it possible to manipulate the settings in mirc.ini via script.

While the latter is only a minor issue for me, I feel that the former is quite important. I was actually quite surpirsed to not see this functionality in mIRC already. So what I'm proposing is that there be put in place a way to control the "offical" mIRC windows (Status, Channel, DCC Chat/Send/Get, Query, etc. windows) via script, much in the same way custom windows are now controlled via /window & $window.

I'm sure this feature would have many uses, but my own is simply that I would like to write a script that dynamically positions the "offical" windows based on several different criteria.

If I'm wrong about the functionality not being there, then someone *please* correct me. I will happily take the flames if only to be pointed in the right direction smile .

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
/window "Status window" 12 12 400 80
/window "Links list" 5 5 200 500
/window -x "channels list"
/window -n <nick> (or $query(N))
/window -a #channelname (or $chan(N))

/help $get
/help $send
/help $chat

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
And dcc windows smile

/window -c "send <nick> <file>"
/window -c "get <nick> <file>"

(<file> without path)

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Yeah well that was what the "/help $get" etc was about, how to get the names of those. smile

A
Atticus Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
Thanks a million guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard