mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
roboirc Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
Please allow users to be able to choose a server specific nickname in settings otherwise its a pain. This way you can create a server connection with a different nick than one in main easily. Thanks

daq Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
I'd like this feature as well unless there's another easy way to accomplish this. Very annoying when I forget to change the username before connecting to a different server and it ends up in infinite connect loop because username doesn't match password.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Given that there is no built-in feature to auto connect to multiple servers, outside of writing a script to utilize multiple /server -m commands, it's not a largely pressing need right now.

Within your auto-connect script, in each of the /server commands, include the flag: -i MainNick AltNick Email@Address Full Name Whois Text Here

That said, I don't think it'd be terribly hard for Khaled to add these nickname fields to the Server Edit dialog to be used as a server's default -i values.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
daq Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
I don't actually care that much about auto connect, but I don't want to type my username every time I connect to a server that requires a different one. To me these are completely distinct features and if storing the username with server configuration is trivial to implement I think it should be done despite the fact that auto connect functionality has been shifted over to scripts.

Link Copied to Clipboard