mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
If you /hop #chanB from #chanA with the option 'keep channel open', there is no indication that you're no longer on #chanA, which feels wrong.

Would it be possible to echo a line to #chanA in this case with a message such as '* /hop: you're no longer on #chanA'

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When I try this here, /hop #chanB while in #chanA, this parts #chanA and closes its window, even if "keep channel open" is enabled, which is what it should be doing. Is this not happening for you?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Well I'm sorry, seeing your post I tried with remote off, and I had this line that I forgot to remove/comment, which can be used to keep channel open when you receive a part event (which is something that has been asked by various users over the decade, actually):

on *:PARSELINE:in:?* PART #*:if ($gettok($mid($parseline,2),1,33) == $me) .parseline -it

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
LOL. Abuse PARSELINE events, directly against the advice of the help documentation, then blame Khaled for making your script necessary in the first place. I love it laugh cry

(I exactly knew this was the issue of your bug report, but I held my tongue. You showcased this script in March. You'll need to watch for outgoing PART messages, first.)

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, this is the reason we sometimes ask users to test out a clean copy of mIRC, when issues like this arise, because scripts can be used to change how mIRC works.

The purpose of PARSELINE is to allow scripters to do things like this on a low level, so there is nothing wrong with using it in this way :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard