Print Thread
#2652 19/12/02 11:59 PM
T
tengo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
I want mirc to beep when someone who I am chatting with, and I have minimized the window replies to me...I have opened DCC, options, sounds, and installed ms ding.wav, checked pc speaker,,and all of the "beep on" options. When I clic on ! on the right of the bar that shows ding.wav I get the beep....but in the channel when someone calls me all I hear is a static like sound......how do I get the beeps to come thro the pc speaker

#2653 20/12/02 05:45 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You dont say whether you mean a query or dcc chat window, but in that window, either click on the upper left corner, or hold down your alt key and click the - key, which will bring you to the system menu for that window, clicking on Beeping will put a mark beside that showing you its on, and you should then get a beep when the other person posts if you have the window minimized. mIRC will keep that until you remove it, which you do by checking on Beeping there again and remove the mark beside it. You can read about the system menu by typing in mIRC: /help system menu

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#2654 20/12/02 06:53 PM
T
tengo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
thanks for your reply...I did have the beeps checked in system menu so was still unable to get them to sound. However I kept trying in sounds, and after many tries of different combinations, I unchecked both internal sound and PC speaker....and the beeps now work perfectly. I was going on the assumption that one or the other had to be checked....this is not the case if you want the "ding" sound or any other for that matter to come from your pc speakers, both those options have to be unchecked...perhaps this will answer the same question for other people.....in the mantime thanks for your help

G

Link Copied to Clipboard