Print Thread
#264949 04/02/19 01:52 PM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
mIRC is showing all /names (raw 353 & 366) replies received for a given /join in status window when remote are off.

Some weird observations:

This was reported to me on IRC, and well, I had seen the anormal replies in my status window because my remote were off for a not so short period of time, last week, but it wasn't a problem for me at all, if anything, I thought it could be one of my scripts.
This user reinstalled mIRC 7.54 on a new computer, so a clean install.
The thing is that this user can reproduce with remote 'on' ($remote = 7), while I absolutely cannot reproduce (on a clean install) with remote on. maroon confirmed that he can only reproduce with remote off.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This is really old code crazy I am going to change it to work as you would expect, eg. based on whether "show nicks on join" in Options/IRC is enabled/disabled, which is overridden if you /halt the remote event to hide the text. This change will be in the next version.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I didn't know it was due to that option, I honestly never used it, I find the option's name to be not intuitive, I had to check the help file to know what it does.
"nicks on join" sounds like it's referring to the displayed lines in channels, about the nick who just joined.
I couldn't understand how he could reproduce with remote on, but it just became clear after I asked him if he were using that option, which was the case.

Maybe this the oldest bug that has been fixed in mIRC!

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for your bug report. This is really old code crazy I am going to change it to work as you would expect, eg. based on whether "show nicks on join" in Options/IRC is enabled/disabled, which is overridden if you /halt the remote event to hide the text. This change will be in the next version.

Hi Khaled.
The option you entered works, but if we have the custom message of raws 353 and 366, is there any identifier we can use to make the custom message not appear if the option is disabled in the mIRC options?

Another thing I noticed is that if the option is disabled in the mIRC options, then we are unable to run the command manually /names #channel

Last edited by Tiago; 05/02/19 10:20 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
The option you entered works, but if we have the custom message of raws 353 and 366, is there any identifier we can use to make the custom message not appear if the option is disabled in the mIRC options?

Very few Options dialog settings have any identifiers to represent their state. If you need to know the state of a particular setting, the only way to determine this currently is to find the setting in mirc.ini.

Quote:

Another thing I noticed is that if the option is disabled in the mIRC options, then we are unable to run the command manually /names #channel

I had a feeling there would be a side-effect :-] These are old routines and there are so many variables storing different states. I will take a look at this again but I think I may have to revert this fix until the next version.

Update: It looks like the names list is shown/hidden depending on the following: "show nicks on join" enabled or disabled, if a raw 353/366 script uses /halt or not, if numeric 353/366 is due to a recent /join or not. There seem to be eight possible combinations. If I am missing something, please let me know.

Last edited by Khaled; 06/02/19 10:24 AM.
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Quote:
Update: It looks like the names list is shown/hidden depending on the following: "show nicks on join" enabled or disabled, if a raw 353/366 script uses /halt or not, if numeric 353/366 is due to a recent /join or not. There seem to be eight possible combinations. If I am missing something, please let me know.

The point is that the "show nicks on join" option if disabled the manual command is no longer possible to do just that. It does not have anything to do with scripting, it just does not work.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The display of the nicknames list depends on all of these: "show nicks on join" setting, scripting, and whether /join was used or not. Please read my post again :-)

I have just uploaded a new beta that hopefully takes account of the above combinations.

Last edited by Khaled; 06/02/19 01:54 PM.
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted By: Khaled
The display of the nicknames list depends on all of these: "show nicks on join" setting, scripting, and whether /join was used or not. Please read my post again :-)

I read your previous post very well, I just pointed out that it does not make sense when the option is disabled, we can not reproduce the command /names manually of a channel.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't think mIRC can prevent outgoing commands like that.

Have you tried /raw NAMES #channel

Or perhaps /parseline -otqpn NAMES #channel

While looking at /debug -e @debug

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
I don't think mIRC can prevent outgoing commands like that.

Have you tried /raw NAMES #channel

Or perhaps /parseline -otqpn NAMES #channel

While looking at /debug -e @debug

Do not you think? It's all right.

Then in mIRC options, IRC / Options / disables the "Nicks on join" option and then tries to execute the command /names #channel, using the latest beta version 7.54.1015.

And tell me if you can reproduce the command.

Last edited by Tiago; 06/02/19 03:11 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Thank you Khaled. Now it's working fine. Even with the option disabled, you can play the command manually.

Beta version: 7.54.1017

Last edited by Tiago; 06/02/19 03:32 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)

Link Copied to Clipboard