mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#264698 02/01/19 08:25 PM
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Anyone here well versed in the use and control of the Ad Manager?
I ask because, I had an ad running in my script, as a channel OP offering help for other members I decided to disable. I've disabled the ad, I've deleted the statement in the ad, I've stopped all ads in the manager ... Still this dang message pops up every half hour or so " Notice »» Message~[I]~ « Ë×Çü®§îöñX » " ... I can not get rid of it. everything in the Ad manager is stopped. All windows are blank, except the message across the bottom windows, which has a "Warning: Configuration incomplete" scrolling across.
If it helps, the MIRC version is v6.21

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your script has created a timer which is repeating the action at time intervals. Typing "/timer" shows you the active timers. You can turn the timer off with "/timerNameOfTimer off" It's possible your script is doing something to create the timer each time you do something like join a channel or connect to a network, so you would need to find where that is happening. Either a command in the script itself, or it's in tools/options under perform-on-connect. There sometimes can be a different timer whose job is to make sure this time is still running.

"Ad manager" is just a script someone has written, and it's not likely anyone here knows anything about that specific script. Sometimes scripts can mis-behave because they use a data file, which is either corrupted or missing.

As for your mirc version, it's a good idea to upgrade. There's a buffer overflow exploit that wasn't fixed until version 6.35, which is available here at the download page. Newer mirc versions have bug fixes and additional features, such as being able to use 99 colors instead of just 16.

The most likely problem some scripts might have trouble in the newer version would be some scripts who don't like the way unicode text characters are now handled, but many scripts aren't affected by that, and sometimes there can be script changes which fix that.

R
OP Offline
R
Maroon; First, thanks for your prompt reply. Serving Choices and Ad Manager are both under Script Settings. I am assuming, Ad Manager is part of Serving Choices.
Next, I typed /timer in one of the channel windows and found that timer present in there.
This is the timer giving me issues ... * Timer xtra.info: 1500s delay xtra.ad info: First question, is the "/timerNameOfTimer" all one word or, should it be "/timer name of timer off"? In other words, should I type "/timerxtra.info off" or, /timer xtra.info off"? or, use /timer xtra.ad off? xtra ad is the window in the "Serving choices/ad manager", along with Fserve, TDCC, XDCC FTP, Other, Reply, OnJoin, Timer, QueMgr, AdMgr Vertical, Enlarge and close. Clicking on "Other" brings up the xtra ads window.
Next question, should I repeat this command in all channels it is present in or should one stop it in all channels?
I don't want to make things difficult but, I don't want to mess it up worse either.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I promise you that Ad manager and these other scripts are not part of mirc. You either loaded them into mirc or installed something that included the mirc.exe inside it as if this was all part of mirc. (It's against the rules for someone to package mirc.exe as part of their installer package without permission, which i don't remember ever being given)

The fact that the display showd the 1500s delay without showing "time(s)" next to it means this timer executes only once. So the fact that it's repeating means that there's something resurrecting it. Either something inside the 'xtra.ad' alias is relaunching the timer and/or it's checking some other kind of event like CONNECT or JOIN or TEXT to make sure it stays alive.

Since the timer is named xtra.info, you could halt that timer with
/timerxtra.info off
but it will likely start up again based on whatever triggered it to start up in the first place.

You don't need to repeat the OFF command in each channel. There can only be 1 timer of the same name, so while each timer can restrict their activity to 1-network or 1-channel, you can't have several copies of the same timer 'name' running at the same time.

Surely such a script came with some documentation to show you how to use it. Sometimes scripts can use a website to keep their documentation, and as they get older the domain lapses and you find the docs replaced by spam.

As mentioned here the /help from pressing F1 can give you more info about various mirc commands, and the wikichip link can have additional info and examples. If there's a command you're using which isn't mentioned in either, there's a good chance it's actually an alias that's part of a script you've loaded.

Link Copied to Clipboard