OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hello,

I will provide three things in this post:

1) Specs of PC etc.

2) The problem

---
Specs on PC: Windows 7 with all latest updates, two mIRC installations. One installation is a standard installation in standard directories. 2nd installation is installed in different directory and using the "Run as portable application" option.

Problem: Upon updating both installations of mIRC from 7.52 to 7.53, the installation installed with the option of "Run as portable application" no longer sends any message when using the /onotice or /omsg commands. These commands are used frequently by the scripts I wrote. None of the scripts were changed - merely an update to v 7.53 made the /onotice commands stop working. When I downgrade back to v 7.52, it works fine. The v 7.53 on the normal installation works fine too for /onotice - only the /onotice command on the "Run as portable application" installation fails on v 7.53, but downgrading that back to v 7.52 fixes the problem.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't reproduce this problem.

When you're switching between Portable and Non-Portable mode, you are also switching between mirc.ini settings files. It is possible that the mirc.ini that lives in the same directory as your mirc.exe file, used while in Portable mode, has a configuration to hide notices. Or you have a control.ini file in the mirc.exe directory with different /ignore settings.

Download and run "Everything", and type in mirc.ini to find all of the rogue settings files flittering around your harddrive. You don't have to install "Everything", it can be run portable.
https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. The "portable mode" option only changes where files are loaded/saved, so it should have no effect on commands, other than which scripts are loaded. I use my copy of mIRC in "portable mode" and do all of my testing in that mode and /onotice and /omsg work fine for me.

In order to track this down, we would need your help in narrowing down the cause in your installation. Can you answer these questions:

1) Are both copes of mIRC, portable and non-portable, connecting to the same IRC network? Which IRC network? This is important because we need to know which features the IRC network supports.

2) In which folder is your "portable mode" installation located? Is it in Documents or Program Files?

3) If you type "/debug @debug" in mIRC to enable debugging output to a @debug window, connect to a server, join channels, and then use /onotice or /omsg, does the debug window show mIRC sending anything to the server? Do you see anything at all?

H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hello,

1) Yes same network and as far as what the server supports - on v7.52 onotice command works fine in there. Only on v7.53 does it not work in there.

2) The portable installation is in subfolders of documents folder.

3) In debug window, on the portable installation which doesn't work, NO it shows nothing being sent on that installation IF I upgrade to v7.53.

Hope you can fix it soon. I can't use v7.53 all the time due to this problem and I have to downgrade back to v7.52 after testing as you request and re-upgrade that installation back to 7.53 every time you want me to test something because v7.53 has same issue but v7.52 continues to work fine though. Thanks for your time.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the update. Just to be clear, you are saying that:

1) in the non-portable installation, /onotice in mIRC v7.53 works correctly.

2) in the portable installation, /onotice in mIRC v7.53 does not work.

I am afraid I have still not been able to reproduce this. In both portable and non-portable copies of mIRC, my /onotice works correctly.

I will email you directly to see if we can narrow this down.

H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Right. You are correct. /onotice and /omsg both.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In the status window, type ' /quote version ' and report back what it says. I am hoping it says STATUSMSG=@+ somewhere in there, or not, but keep an eye open for it.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Thanks Racoon - but I'm working with Khaled through email on this.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your help. This issue has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard