mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Maelish Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Hi guys. Sorry if this is bad question.

How do you turn off Chanserv messages/notices for a different channel than the one you are in.

When joining Freenode, mirc joins several channels. I see several Notices from chanserv in all of the channels. Is there a way to isolate them into their own channels?

Find Gamers, my player finder for tabletop RPGers and Wargamers.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
in tools/options/irc there are 6 checkboxes on the right side.
Can you confirm whether you have a checkbox next to showing notices in the active window?
If you uncheck that box, the notices should instead appear in the status window.

If that still happens, or wasn't the cause, try disable script handling of events to see if that stops it: /remote off
when you're done testing that, be sure to turn that back on: /remote on

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Its because ChanServ is actually inside the channels as some networks have a setting that allows ChanServ in the channel. (on freenode: /msg ChanServ help set guard ).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
yes, but his description made it sound like chanserv was following him around to channels where chanserv was not present, which doesn't happen unless you've got a script theming the reply or that show-in-active option is checked.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is a difficult one to handle because it's a very unique behavior to Notice in mIRC. At present, there is no means to tell mIRC not to display the ChanServ notices in every channel it's seen in.

There are a few script approaches you can take, however. 1) use Halting Default Text for On Notice messages that ChanServ sends to you. 2) send fake messages to yourself using /parseline that either a) makes ChanServ re/nick itself to ChanServ-, or b) makes ChanServ appear to /part the channels it is in. That way, you'll only get ChanServ notices in the Active window/channel, and not all of them. Or 3) use On Parseline to make ChanServ Notices appear to be ChanServ Messages, and they'll all funnel into a /query window instead. Or 3b) Use On Parseline to translate ChanServ Notices into ChanServ- Notices (different nickname to the one in all your channels).

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Maelish Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
This is a difficult one to handle because it's a very unique behavior to Notice in mIRC. At present, there is no means to tell mIRC not to display the ChanServ notices in every channel it's seen in.

I wish you were wrong. Unfortunately I think your answer is correct though.

Find Gamers, my player finder for tabletop RPGers and Wargamers.

Link Copied to Clipboard