mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#264071 27/10/18 12:24 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I am attempting to use lastpass with Mirc. I can use lastpass to open Mirc, when Mirc lock is enabled(extra mouse click). But I would really like it if I could use lastpass for stuff like nickserv or sasl for each of the servers I would like to use. seems to me that both pieces of software has the potential to work together. I guess my request is to make Mirc more friendly to lastpass?

I think i can, i think i can, I think i can
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
See if this works for Lastpass.

//echo -a $$input(Please enter password for Bob.,pk60,NickServ Password)

as in

/server irc.server.net +6697 $$input(Please enter password for MyNick.,pk60,NickServ Password) -i MyNick MyNick` -jn #mychan -l pass

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Think I am going to need a little more how to. Am I adding
""" //echo -a $$input(Please enter password for Bob.,pk60,NickServ Password) """ into like remote? How is Mirc passing this to lastpass? How is lastpass passing information back to Mirc?

I think i can, i think i can, I think i can
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't use Lastpass, but I assume that you can trigger it to handle password (asterisk'd) input boxes. This use of $input creates a password input box for it to 'see'. I don't know how you need to configure Lastpass to see it -- automatically? by hotkey?

The idea is that your password manager automatically fills in this box and presses enter for you.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard