W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Tested on a clean 7.52:

Quote:
//bset &binvar $calc(100*2^20) 65 | breplace &binvar 0 66 | hadd -bm table item1 &binvar | hadd -bm table item2 &binvar | echo -na => $hfind(table, /./, 1, r).data | hfree table
This makes mIRC jumps in memory usage from 10K to 700K, but after the script finishes, the memory usage only gets down to 200K.

After a while, doing nothing, the memory does get freed automatically at some point, but some weird things can be observed before that, executing a lot of $regex(a,a) definitely frees the memory.

Quote:
//var %a 1000 | while (%a) { noop $regex(a, a) | dec %a }
500 was enough for me, but it varies.

Remove $hfind from the execution and nothing strange happens.

Of course if you do this repeatedly, mIRC comes up with a memory allocation error, so I don't think there should be any delay when freeing memory here.

Also, there is a report about $hfind here https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/263124/ which has not been fixed, it does not seem to be an hard one to fix so I figured maybe it was forgotten, so I'm mentioning it here.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This is due to the way mIRC manages its own pool of memory for strings. The memory is reused/freed across routines as needed. In this case, the string is allocated and resized/reused later on. That is why there is a delay. I have made a change in the next beta so that unlimited size strings, which can be allocated in routines relating to binary variable usage, are freed immediately.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Alright, thanks for the answer.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard