mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
https://pastebin.com/c66HvzWY

Any suggestions on easy ways to make this run better is appreciated, but there is one thing I really really want more than anything:

How can I update only the users that are currently in my chat, and avoid going through my full list every time it exports.

Currently MIRC "hiccups"/pauses every time an export happens, and I wonder if my games "jumping" at random, is because of this?

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Update: It is confirmed that this script is why my games stutter from time to time.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Everywhere you're reading or writing from an ini file use a hash table instead; then load and save them as needed.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Can you show me which lines will be replaced, and a simple example of a hash table being updated? I think I can figure it out from there.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Or if anyone is willing to take a stab at it, I would pay 10$ just to have this converted to hash tables (as loki suggested) or 20$ for a complete overhaul of the whole script to make it more efficient in all areas, not just when points are recorded.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Somebody sent me a private message, but I can't seem to see their message in my profile? My offer still stands, even though I wish I could do this myself for the experience.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Still looking for someone to change only the ini system to hash tables instead. Willing to pay 20$ for this.

Or if someone can show me some examples of hash tables doing the following:

Storing a username and their color (light or dark. It can be switched with a command in chat). And the username and their level (they will go from level 1-10 on light side. And then 1-10 on the dark side). They will earn points simply by spending time in chat.

D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Still looking for help with my point system. Thanks in advance!

Link Copied to Clipboard