mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Topic Options
#263346 - 11/07/18 03:35 PM Adding an SQL database to mIRC not too crazy?
Raccoon Offline
Hoopy frood

Dear Khaled,

I'm curious what it would take to add a proper SQL implementation to mIRC today, naively, not an external DLL and slow helper-script. It seems a lot of software frivolously adds an SQL engine without much overhead. Ie, SQLite is completely embedded and only half a megabyte compiled; +10% overhead for mIRC. I'm wondering if this topic could be visited.

I think for you, it could help you manage things like the IAL and banlists much more efficiently, and for scripts, it would enable us to do a lot of nifty things that hash tables simply cannot -- like summing columns of data. You might even have fun implementing it.

#263350 - 12/07/18 06:20 PM Re: Adding an SQL database to mIRC not too crazy? [Re: Raccoon]
rockcavera Offline
Ameglian cow

Loc: Brazil
support this!

#263351 - 12/07/18 07:55 PM Re: Adding an SQL database to mIRC not too crazy? [Re: Raccoon]
Loki12583 Offline
Hoopy frood

Since you're going there, I use CryptUnprotectData to decrypt data stored in SQLITE_BLOB. If that could be built in somehow, to remove need for external crypt dll where binvar passing is terrible.

Unrelated, a simple suggestion to support flags in the open call (SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY et al)

Edited by Loki12583 (12/07/18 08:03 PM)