Print Thread
M
muhvi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi,

I have very weird issue with mIRC. I'm using the latest 7.52 on Windows 10 64-bit with Nvidia GTX 1080 (problem also occurred with GTX 980). I have two screens in use extended mode and issue has been around about year. I do Nvidia driver updates frequently.

Description:
I keep mIRC open in my display 2 and i start to play games in full screen mode on display 1. After i quit the game, the mIRC is correctly shown on display 2 and it updates but i'm unable to manipulate it with mouse cursor or activate it in any way for writing text to it. The mouse cursor totally ignores the mIRC window and if i press mouse button, it will activate icons that are behind the mIRC window (that i can't see).

Only way i can manipulate the mIRC window is alt-tabbing to it and then using windows shortcut keys Windows+arrow to move it to my display 1. If i then move it back to display 2 the window will disappear and i have no way of getting it back. I have to close mIRC and start it again.

The issue can be "fixed" by disabling display 2 and then enabling at again.

This issue only comes when games are played full screen, if window is used in game, this issue will not happen.

I'm baffled and haven't figured out any way to prevent this from happening, wondering if you guys could help me somehow?

-Markku

Last edited by muhvi; 10/07/18 02:59 PM.
P
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
P
Khaled may be able to add more, but this sounds to me more like a nVidia driver / Windows issue than a mIRC one.

M
muhvi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Most likely, just thought about asking here if someone has had same kind of issue.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You might get around this behavior by setting mIRC to Fullscreen on your Display2. Use the F11 key.

Is the fullscreen game altering your screen resolution for either display?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
M
muhvi Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi,

mIRC is always fullscreen. Games do not alter resolution for either display, though often games might have some portions, especially at start, which change resolution for a second or few, you can see it as the screen flickers a bit.

Gotta browse through Nvidia forums and Windows forums if anyone has the same experience.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have never heard of this issue before. It certainly is odd that your mouse clicks ignore the mIRC window, however this is not something that mIRC itself can do. As mentioned in a previous post, this sounds very much like a graphics driver issue.

Link Copied to Clipboard