mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dingo72 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I get the following error every time I try to send channel ads "channel ads must be individually defined". Any advice as to what I am doing wrong? I've been away for a couple years and not sure what changed.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This sounds like a message created by a script you're running, and not from mIRC itself. mIRC would have no way to know whether your message is an "ad" or something else.

D
dingo72 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Very strange. I have it set up like I always did and can't determine why I get that error instead of it announcing the number of files I have available.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, "it" is a script sending that message, not a default message caused by mIRC itself being setup incorrectly. You'd need to talk to whoever else uses that script to see if they know why that error happens. My guess is that your "ad" isn't actually mentioning a specific file or is not linked to the correct folder, so the program creates an error to warn about it.

D
dingo72 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Thank you everyone! Your responses helped me figure it out. Apparently, I forgot to connect the folder to the proper channel.

Link Copied to Clipboard