mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#253917 12/07/15 06:04 PM
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
With mIRC 7.41 beta 7 the script editor is doing some weird wrapping for lines of ~3500 bytes or more

win 7 64bit

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 12/07/15 06:05 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue. I typed a long line of text into the script editor in the aliases section and when I closed the editor and re-opened it, the line had been wrapped at around 4150 characters, which is the maximum internal line length. Do you see the issue in mIRC v7.41?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This old post is the closest I can find to what I'm seeing, error message reporting a different line number than shown in the scripts editor. The scripts editor wraps a line twice at 2048 characters before chopping at total length 4150 near the start of the 3rd line of random letters. It echoes the long line as if it's a single line, except that the script editor's line-counter increments for each of the 3 lines.

To reproduce:

1. Run this command in an editbox then paste the clipboard into any script:

Code:
//clipboard alias longlinetest echo -s $regsubex($str(x,2050),/x/g,$base($rand(0,1295),10,36,2))

2. Paste this line as the line immediately following the above paste:
Code:
alias testscriptline echo 4 -s $scriptline | echo -s $null

3. The #1 long line displays as if it's pasting a short line, followed by 2 long lines plus a final short line, and when you move the cursor among the 4 lines, the line-counter shows as if they're 4 different lines. However if you run the /longlinetest alias, the echo contains the content of all 3 rows of random letters displayed in the editor, so I know the script lines aren't being chopped within 4150.

When you run the /testscriptline alias, the displayed scriptline and error message both show the true scriptline which is 3 less than the line number shown by the script editor.

The limit for displaying lines is characters not bytes, as it does allow a UTF-8 encoded line to be longer than 12k bytes, using this as a substitute for creating the #1 alias above:
Code:
//clipboard alias longlinetest echo -s $str($chr(10004),4100) $+ x

Link Copied to Clipboard