mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
I have been re-working an auto-join script (doesn't everyone ?} that I wrote several years ago. Somebody else had added a section dealing with IdleRPG and set a (/timer) delay on the sending of the logon request to the IdleRPG bot.

I dont like timers being used to delay things as a generalisation (too many variable affect the delay period), so decided to use ison, to chek if it was in/on the channel - might have been taken offline for maintenance etc.

Ison didn't work, so I wrote my own version of it, which also didn't work, but found that it did later (without any change). To find out what is happening I used the old trusted //echo -st <diagnostic message>.

Note: this code was being executed at On Join time.

Examining the results on my next connect I spotted that it did indeed fail, but noticed that it was running before the list of nicknames in/on that channel were displayed. Added a timer (back) into my script and it works.

Implication is that the ison/my code tested for the presence of a nick before my client had a list of the nicks in the channel.

However I also noticed that any time you enter a channel, that list of nicks on the channel is terminated in the same manner of #idlerpg End of /NAMES list.. I then started to write an On TEXT section to try to catch that but, of course, On TEXT only covers channels, and status is not a channel.

Please can we get the ability to On TEXT using the target Status ?

Currently we are being forced to use /timer when there is another way to 'trigger' the correct timely use of code but cannot access it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can already do this with raw events, with end-of-names being $numeric = 366.

You can see which events are returned from different raw numeric with something like:

raw *:*:{ echo 5 -s raw event debugger: $network raw $numeric : (1) $1 (2) $2 (3) $3 (4) $4 (5) $5 (6-) $6- }

E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
ok, guess I have to bite that bullet sometime, I haven't used raw yet.

Hmmm finally got forced into dialogs, and now raw .. god knows what next week will bring smile

E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
Ok got it (mostly) working now, it detects the end of users and echos a message to the status window.

It didn't work at 1st, until I realised I had put the raw 366 line within the on join (stupid me). Once I figurred that out, it detects and responds to the message for the identified channel. I didn't use #idlerpg as my test target, too many penalty point for parting and rejoining, but the main thing is it works.

I'll put the logon to game section in place tomorrow, but I am happily relieved that there is a solution. smile

Thank you very much

Link Copied to Clipboard