mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
I have found that with a check control that has associated text, when the check box is ticked or unticked, a dotted outline around the text is displayed.

Similary if there is no text (the text being handled separately from the check control) is ticked/unticked a small 1 character high and wide dotted outline appears where any text for that check control would have been (to the right of the control).

Is this something I have done that causes this to happen, or is it something that I just have to live with ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The first part is because of the focus being on that Control, so you can use /did -f to put the focus somewhere that the focus won't show, such as any text or hidden control. Note that your choice of dummy control affects what happens when you press <tab>

The other one sounds like you've got a text control instead of using the text label that's part of the check control. If you've defined 2 controls with overlapping x y w h territories, then checking the box will write its text territory on top of the other control, so just shrink your 'w' or 'h' dimension.

E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
Thanks, got your 1st suggestion working and set it to go to 1 edit box if ticked and another if unticked - basically if the box is ticked make other options visibile (were hidden and disabled) and move focus to the edit box in that part, if unticked go the other way to another edit box - works as you stated, although there is a flash of the behaviour I mention which then disapears as the focus changes.

That was one of the blindingly obvious changes once you pointed it out to me .. thanks

The other point you made is not so easy to deal with. There is no text programatically linked to the check box
Code:
 text "Different Name and Password in IdleRPG:", 31, 4 78 66 15
  check "", 32, 68 78 10 10

I just tried the check control without the "" and it still behaves the same. Note that the description for the check is a separate text control rather than a message within the check control.

Changing the control size did work, took it down to 7 7 (was 10 10 above) and that 'artifact' vanished. In fact it prevented the brief flash of the artiifact in the behaviour that it appeared then vanished as the focus was changed (ref 1st para above).

Thank you once again

Going back to your 1st suggestion, I did find another check box with a text part associated and using the style 'left'. When I used the Tab key to cycle round through the controls, it's the text part that is highlighted, by the dotted box around the text, rather than the tick box - strange behaviour, put pressing the space bar did toggle the tick box so it was selected. In fact the other tick boxes show no indication of selection when the tab cycles to them. Wierd.

Anyway thanks .. I suppose I can live with it now
You have been a really big help.

Last edited by Erasimus; 26/04/18 11:32 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard