mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Im here just to show you something im working these 2 last months: A BomberMan game made with mirc scripting using no dlls... (AT LEAST NOT FOR NOW, but maybe ill need one related with sounds)*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcgPmLcM5w

Work still in progress, and its getting really great =)))

* Btw: Im wondering if someone there know any .dll that allow you to play multiple .wav files at the same time? I mean, when you try to play multiple .wav files with /splay, the preview one just stops for play the new one...

Last edited by SteveNunes; 24/11/17 06:13 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Looking awesome, however there's no multiplayer support?
I myself have a bomberman online code which works using dcx.dll, all the dialog part is working but the game itself is missing (you can get up to start a game and it displays a random generated map but that's about it). Everything is made with dcx so everything is resizable, including the picwin inside the dialog.
I stopped working on it because my previous multiplayer (online) game ( pacman ) was already suffering some lag (client to server type of communication over udp) was a slower pace type of game, so I didn't want a bomb explosion to appear a bit later, it would ruin the gameplay, are you interested in making your game multiplayer?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC won't let you play 2 files from the same sound group at the same time, so you can play a wav, a midi, and an mp3 at the same time, but not 2 of each. Playing a 2nd simultaneous wav would involve playing it without going /splay, so perhaps through a dll or the /run command, at which point /splay no longer can affect it and you would need to find a way to halt those sounds.

A compromise might be to have your background song be a .mp3 or .midi, while having your action-related sound effects be .wavs.

I had trouble reading the filesize in the lower corner of your video, and I'm curious how large of a script file you're using? At some point, if you're not already long past it, you're probably going to be better served splitting your huge script into multiple script files.

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: Wims
are you interested in making your game multiplayer?

maybe after finishing all stuffs, theres a lot of works to do... but you know, more contents, less fps... and basically adding a new LOOP for add a new player together will greatly drops the fps that is already kinda low (with 9 enemies on the screen i get about 15 FPS)

BUT..... im about to re-code this game using c++ with allegro5... of course, AFTER finishing this mirc version first... so, coding in c++ i can add a lot of contents without decreasing a lot the FPS...

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: maroon
mIRC won't let you play 2 files from the same sound group at the same time, so you can play a wav, a midi, and an mp3 at the same time, but not 2 of each. Playing a 2nd simultaneous wav would involve playing it without going /splay, so perhaps through a dll or the /run command, at which point /splay no longer can affect it and you would need to find a way to halt those sounds.

I know pretty well about this bro, thats what i just asked, if someone know any .dll for allow it... I used a trick on my bomberman for play few sounds at the same time: music is a midi, general sounds are .wav and the mostly used (bomb explosion) is a .mp3 that i keep it paused and i use 'seek' for play the sound explosion everytime i want

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Using different audio file type is a good workaround to dll, I believe you can check 'fmod.dll' to accomplish what you want to do though.

As far as fps is concerned, there are a huge number of tricks you can use to speed up the processing and the display of your game.
What is sure is that displaying 9 sprites for 9 ennemies + one sprite for your character + 5-6 bombs for a total of less than 20 sprite can run at 60 fps very easily even on not so great machine. The main trick being to not use while loop but to /tokenize a list of items and use $*.

Feel free to stop by the channel in my signature to talk about this.

Implementing multiple player shouldn't add a new loop to your code anyway and shouldn't make it slower, the only problem is fighting the lag!

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: Wims
Using different audio file type is a good workaround to dll, I believe you can check 'fmod.dll' to accomplish what you want to do though.

As far as fps is concerned, there are a huge number of tricks you can use to speed up the processing and the display of your game.
What is sure is that displaying 9 sprites for 9 ennemies + one sprite for your character + 5-6 bombs for a total of less than 20 sprite can run at 60 fps very easily even on not so great machine. The main trick being to not use while loop but to /tokenize a list of items and use $*.

Feel free to stop by the channel in my signature to talk about this.

Implementing multiple player shouldn't add a new loop to your code anyway and shouldn't make it slower, the only problem is fighting the lag!

COOL bro! I will try to figure out about all these tips! Thanks verymuch!!! Btw, Im recording some videos about the progress im doing with this game... CHeck it here if you want

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6qKC6q_P5msf-tBZkFASvarrzFzGGs12

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I keep working hard on it!!! Look how its going for now!!! Im so proud of it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZf4HsR6fjw

Last edited by SteveNunes; 06/01/18 10:51 PM.
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi guys! Im back after few montos to say that I have added a LOT of features like bosses, basically all maps and monsters from Super BomberMan 1, 2, 4 (now working on SBM3 maps)... Check the lastest videos here on my playlist where I post everytime I have some news about the game

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6qKC6q_P5msDT6zqJlIb4hKmfkYynKZd

Link Copied to Clipboard