mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pinja Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
I am sure I am not phrasing this right, and am super new to mIRC as well as coding in general, but essentially I am curious if there is a way to grab a certain part of what one says and make it a variable; Kind of like scanf().

so given: "(Player HP: 82/82)"

I wanted to grab the ##/## and save as a variable which would update when a new ##/## is given (like 73/82) then be called back in if then statements for example:

on *:text:*:?: {
if %hp < 40/82 {
msg $nick , use hp potion!

(Was also not sure if it was possible if you needed to save var an int or not)

Sorry if these are super basic questions or if I am going about this the entirely wrong way, just spent awhile looking and decided to try asking here after giving up.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It can also be done with regex, but here's a way to do it with tokens. You can hunt for a wildcard token that matches a pattern, then use $replace to turn the unwanted characters into spaces. It won't recognize a fraction as a number, it treats them like strings:

Code:
//if (2/3 < 3/7) echo -a less

If you're wanting just the 1st number, you can turn the slash into a space and grab that token. Or you can parse to grab the fraction, then use $calc to turn it into decimals:

Code:
//var %a (Player HP: 40/82) | var %b $wildtok(%a,*/* $+ $chr(41) ,1,32) | echo -a %b | var %c $replace(%b,$chr(41),$chr(32)) | echo -a %c | echo -a $calc(%c)

P
Pinja Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Sorry for such a late reply to this, but thanks for the help ^_^

Link Copied to Clipboard