mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#262651 07/03/18 02:19 PM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Is there a list of what they are? Preferably in hex?

To me, it looks like there are groups of 12 going on. 16-27, 28-39, 40-51, 52-63, 64-75, 76-87, and 88-98 are shades.

Am I right to assume duplicates? It appears number 88 black is the same as 1 black. Same for 98 white being the same as 0 white. I think the old and new 52 (red) are exactly the same.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/240059/Re:_More_colors_PLEASE!#Post240059 is how I would have done it, but I'm still glad something has been done.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
This was given when colors were introduced in the beta:
http://anti.teamidiot.de/static/nei/*/extended_mirc_color_proposal.html

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The colors of 16 through 98 are unrelated to any of your 0 to 15 color values, as the values of 0 to 15 are meant to be changed while 16 to 98 are static.

You say that 1 is black, but for a lot of people 1 is a dark gray, or 0 may be black. Some people change all 0 to 15 colors to white and black... so duplicates are only what you make of them.

You can change these colors by right-clicking on the color pallet in the Alt-K 'Colors' window.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
The colors of 16 through 98 are unrelated to any of your 0 to 15 color values, as the values of 0 to 15 are meant to be changed while 16 to 98 are static.

You say that 1 is black, but for a lot of people 1 is a dark gray, or 0 may be black. Some people change all 0 to 15 colors to white and black... so duplicates are only what you make of them.

You can change these colors by right-clicking on the color pallet in the Alt-K 'Colors' window.

I understand. You're right, it's better this way. However, do you know if most IRC clients tend to use the same default 16 colors for 0-15 that mIRC does? Or is mIRC the odd-one out for the first 16?

The color palette on http://anti.teamidiot.de/static/nei/*/extended_mirc_color_proposal.html seems unique. Putting the following into Google only comes up with at most 7 results: 2e0047 4b0074 7500b5
I do see the part where it says they are "brightness-biased to midrange", but I want to know how the specific numbers were chosen. Were they mathematically determined?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
These are called "mIRC Colors" for a reason; mIRC innovated it. I wager that IRC clients that support mIRC Colors use the same color tones for the 0-15 values. Not all clients support the same color tones for 16-98 but many of them have begun to in the past few months with only one or two notable exceptions of resistance. (ie, IceChat). Some older clients might just recycle the 0-15 colors over and over from 16-31 and 32-47 and so on.

The colors that were chosen are based on hue, saturation, and luminescence values which are the same for each row or column.

On a side note, I would not be against mIRC supporting multiple pallet types. Some people have expressed a desire to make all of the colors more muted or shift them to lighter or darker shades based on their background color and relative intensity. Other users might want to switch to IceChat's colors if they mostly interact with other IceChat users. So selecting between pallets might become a thing someday, or not.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard