#262600 27/02/18 09:38 AM
L
laszlo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Hi guys!

I'm using mirc for slack. My problem is that on slack people get only notified with @ character.

So if I want to say "John" to something on irc, I just wrote Jo+tab then something, but if I write Jo+tab then something on slack, mirc completes the nick to John, but John doesnt get notified.

What I need: If I write Jo+tab, mirc should complete the nick to @John instead of John. Is there a script for this?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Adding the @ to the editbox would make things more complicated if it turned out that you needed to press <tab> more than once before reaching the correct nick.

Instead of changing the editbox to contain the @ character, this waits until you've pressed enter. If you're pasting something, or press Ctrl+Enter, or type a command that begins with / then this event will ignore that. But otherwise, if the 1st word is a nick in channel it will add the @ to it.

Note that when this script takes action, that message in channel won't contain multiple consecutive spaces. You can change # into
#channelname
or
#channel1,#channel2
if you want this behavior only in 1 or several channels.

Code:
ON &*:INPUT:#:{ if (($ctrlenter) || ($inpaste) || ($left($1,1) == /)) return | if ($1 ison #) { msg # @ $+ $1- | halt } }

L
laszlo Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Thank you very much! Works great!

Link Copied to Clipboard