mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Hi all,

I would love to see an option to join a new channel with that channel being opened as a desktop window. ( /join -d #example )

I would also like to see a way to make a channel window into a desktop window with remotes. Something like /window -d #example ?

Thanks

/tokenize 32 $gettok($1-,1-,32)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Khaled: Research: Indeed, there is no way to use a command to toggle a channel in and out of MDI and Desktop window states, that I could find. /window -d #channel doesn't do it, and indeed, there is no switch to remove a custom window from desktop back into MDI either.

Zelda: Semantics: /join and /window are both "commands", neither are so-called "remotes" which means "remote events." I gather you're just asking for a more convenient method of toggling a channel as a desktop window, so maybe Khaled can whip something up.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Z
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Raccoon, I appreciate the clarity and help you are willing to provide without worrying about pedantry. You are correct that I do mean to suggest commands for toggling or setting a channel as desktop/MDI.

Also helpful would be able to add similar functionality to /join and /query ( /join -d #mIRC or /query -d nickserv for example)

I use mIRC with awesomewm and this would be super convenient for me. The only alternative I can imagine at the moment is to write a script with lots of event handling to create and manage a fake channel window. Perhaps there's an easier way to do this if Khaled doesn't add these features?

Z
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Z
Sorry to double post, but I can't edit my post anymore.

/join -d and /query -d work as I'd like as of the new beta. Thanks Khaled.

I'd just like to ask for the -D switch in /window to work for channel and query windows also:

Code:
on me:join:#important: { window -D $chan }
on BossMan:open:?:*: { splay -wq uhoh.wav | window -Do $nick }

I don't know of any workaround, obviously this won't work:

Code:
on ^me:join:#testa: { join -d #testa }

But even if this did work, there wouldn't be a way to toggle MDI/desktop for a channel or query window unless I use my mouse. $window(#channel/nickname).mdi works as expected, so it won't be necessary to be able to set a particular window type via more new flags:

Code:

alias setWindowAsDesktop { if ($window($1).mdi) { window -D $1 } }
alias setWindowAsMDI { if (!$window($1).mdi) { window -D $1 } }

It may or may not be worth mentioning that /window -D won't work for a status window either.

Link Copied to Clipboard