mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Currently, when /savebuf is called, wrapped lines in a buffer are saved as new lines to file. I would consider this a bug, but since the behavior has existed for a long time, I'd like to see the addition of a switch that disables this behavior so wrapped lines in the buffer are NOT put on new lines within the text file:

/savebuf -wN window file
-wN : Alters how wrapped buffer lines are saved
If N is 0 or not specified, wrapped buffer lines are saved starting on a new line
If N is 1, wrapped buffer lines are saved on the same line as their 'parent' text

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 09/02/18 03:48 AM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
I would consider this a bug

And yet, you did not place it in the bug reports section, padawan. That alone demonstrates a growing insight into the nature of things. One day, while still thinking something is a bug, you will be able to post your feature suggestion without saying "I would consider this a bug". And eventually, once you have attained true insight and self-mastery, you will not only be able to post an idea as just a feature suggestion but truly know that that is what it is :-)

This new feature will be added to the next beta.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Quote:
I would consider this a bug

And yet, you did not place it in the bug reports section, padawan. That alone demonstrates a growing insight into the nature of things. One day, while still thinking something is a bug, you will be able to post your feature suggestion without saying "I would consider this a bug". And eventually, once you have attained true insight and self-mastery, you will not only be able to post an idea as just a feature suggestion but truly know that that is what it is :-)

Master, look deeper for the truth as a diplomatic approach has been taken. To submit a bug report would have surely upset the delicate sensibilities of the powers that be: those that hold backwards compatibly above all else; held higher even than innovation. To submit a bug report would have surely been met with resistance while a feature suggestion has proven a superior recourse in the path to alleviating the shortcomings of poor foresight.

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
;-)

Link Copied to Clipboard