mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Sek Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hi I need help with making the mIRC icon in the bottom flash when my nick is said and also can I have small messages of what is being said in the room pop up even when I am on other websites ? thanks so much

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In address book you can set a highlights rule for $me and it can do anything except the part about showing the message containing your nick.

The highlight message seems to recognize $chan and $me and other global identifiers, but it doesn't recognize identifiers you create in aliases tab nor does it recognize $1- or $nick.

See if putting this in a remote script works. If you don't want to create a new remote script, you can place it in another script as long as it doesn't already have the ON :TEXT: event, because one of them would prevent the other from seeing the event.

The 15 can change, it's the number of seconds for the tip window to stay up. You can check /help /flash to change the -r1 parameter for the /flash command. Right now it just flashes 1 time without beeping. To test the flash command, you would need to use a timer that gives you time to jump to a different application, since it doesn't do anything while mIRC is active. Something like /timer 1 5 /flash -b2

Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:#:{
  if ($me isin $1-) { var %pattern /\Q $+ $replacexcs($me, \E, \E\\E\Q) $+ \E/i
  if ($regex($strip($1-),%pattern)) { flash -r1 | noop $tip(name,self,$network $chan $nick $+ : $1-,15) } }
}

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Update, this should keep it from matching your nick if it's touched by a number or a-z.

Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:#:{
  if ($me isin $1-) { var %pattern /(?<![a-z\d])(\Q $+ $replacexcs($me,\E,\E\\E\Q) $+ \E)(?![a-z\d])/i)
  if ($regex($strip($1-),%pattern)) { flash -r1 | noop $tip(name,self,$network $chan $nick $+ : $1-,15) } }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard