Print Thread
R
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
R
Reproducing the bug.

1) Open mIRC.

2) Keep the Status Window active and maximized. mIRC may be maximized or normal.

3) Type this command: /timertest 0 1 echo -a mIRC State: $appstate - Width: $window(Status Window).w - Width Display Area: $window(Status Window).dw - Window State: $window(Status Window).state - Active: $active

4) Wait for at least one print of the echo command, then put mIRC in the tray: /showmirc -t

5) Wait about 2 seconds for the echo command to print and remove the mIRC from the tray, returning to the foreground.

6) You can stop the timer: /timertest off

You can verify that the same window remains active with both mIRC in the foreground and mIRC in the tray. However, the window width decreases to the size as if it were in the normal state when mIRC is in the tray. However, the display area width remains the same.

Result:
Code:
mIRC State: maximized - Width: 1768 - Width Display Area: 1729 - Window State: maximized - Active: Status Window
mIRC State: maximized - Width: 1768 - Width Display Area: 1729 - Window State: maximized - Active: Status Window
mIRC State: tray - Width: 1462 - Width Display Area: 1729 - Window State: maximized - Active: Status Window
mIRC State: tray - Width: 1462 - Width Display Area: 1729 - Window State: maximized - Active: Status Window

This happens with any active MDI window.

I've known this behavior for a long time, but I've never reported it. I wanted to know if it's a bug.

Last edited by rockcavera; 16/01/18 07:42 PM.

rockcavera
#Scripts @ irc.VirtuaLife.com.br
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I too have known about this for a long time. It is due to mIRC main window being minimized/hidden when minimizing to tray. This in turn affects the size of the client area inside the mIRC main window, which affects the size of windows inside it. As far as I know, there is no way around this.

Link Copied to Clipboard