mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
I remember a time when I was bothered that mIRC didn't update nicklists automatically whenever someone was opped, voiced, etc. Strangely enough, now the opposite is true.

Earlier versions of mIRC waited for you to use a special command to force an update of the nicklist according to special modes whenever such an event would take place. Now, that command seems to have disappeared, and mIRC updates those lists without even waiting for the command.

A complete solution for all things considered would be new comparisons. In addition to isop, isvoice, ishop, and isreg, a new mIRC version could contain wasop, wasvoice, washop, and wasreg. These values would be recorded before mIRC updates the $nick($chan, N, [o/h/v/r/a]) lists, and matter only at On OP, HELP, VOICE, etc events.

P
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
P
That's a good idea!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A lot of people have been posting threads regarding this. I was certain /updatenl use to work in events like On OP/DEOP/VOICE/etc... and believe it would be the best solution again. The was* prefix is nice, but I'd personally like the event to reflect pre-event status until /updatenl command is used.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
So that there is NO QUESTION on what I am referring to:

on *:Op:#BLAH:{
If ($opnick isop $chan) Echo 12 $chan ISOP
Else Echo 12 $chan !ISOP
}
on *:Voice:#BLAH:{
If ($vnick isvoice $chan) Echo 12 $chan ISVO
Else Echo 12 $chan !ISVO
}
On *:Help:#BLAH:{
If ($hnick ishop $chan) Echo 12 $chan ISHELP
Else Echo 12 $chan !ISHELP
If ($nick($chan, $nick, h) isnum) Echo 12 $chan ISHELP: $NICK -> $nick($chan, $nick, h)
}

Join a channel called #blah and op yourself, halfop yourself, and voice yourself. What you will see is ISOP, ISHELP, AND ISVO pop up in your #channel window.

This means that mIRC has not waited for an /updatenl command to be used, and has gone ahead and already updated at least PARTS of the nicklist without any request to do so.

What wasop, washelp, wasvoice, and wasreg would do is retain that information as the scripts are parsed. I am not requesting for /updatenl to be 'abolished' or for any changes to /updatenl at all. In fact, that command is irrelevant (see previous paragraph).

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Something that would be a nice spin-off of was* would be (a simple idea and not worth it just for this) for nicklist coloring. currently mirc can not handle "if nick was an op and is now a voice" (//mode # +v-o nick nick) color it this color. That's one thing I wish the nick tab in control would handle; if X was Y then color Z. Yes, I KNOW it's scriptable, but Im just surprised moirc cant do it using the nick tab

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
moirc? laugh grin

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
LOL didnt even notice the typo lol moirc from oirc?

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard