mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
When using the /channel command, or double-clicking on a channel window in default settings, the Channel Central window only appears after mIRC can issue a MODE +b command and the server responds with a 368 End of Channel Ban List.

I wish to request that the Channel Central be displayed immediately, so the user can look at it while it populates the banlist. The same way that clicking the 'Bans' button does.

Furthermore, the Channel Central should utilize the IBL, IEL, IIL, IQLs respectively if they are deemed synchronized. Possibly add a 'Refresh' button if so necessary. Possibly add a bans count total for each listing.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
Furthermore, the Channel Central should utilize the IBL, IEL, IIL, IQLs respectively if they are deemed synchronized.

I would dare to claim that it already does that. When you open the channel central second time you likely notice that mIRC will not request /mode #chan +b anymore and fills the banlist from the IBL instead.

I would rather propose that just as mIRC fills IAL on join it should fill the IBL (and IEL, IIL, IQL) as well.

Im not sure what the reason for not filling the IBL on join is (Could it be to avoid possible lag on join?) but right now $chan($chan).ibl stays $false unless you specifically "force" mirc to fill it. And thus only bans in IBL will be the bans that mIRC has seen (eg. bans that have been set after you join the channel).
That also makes if (v1 isban v2) unreliable unless you specifically force IBL to be filled.

echo -a $signature
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ah, so mIRC already does utilize the IBL if it's already been filled. But, I'm still a bit bothered by the delay time for Channel Central to appear -- especially if the double-click was accidental. It clearly doesn't require this delay to function.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Yes that delay is definitely annoying.

Allowing the central to come up and then fill the list on the fly would be IMHO just a cosmetic fix still leaving IBL somewhat unreliable.
I didnt even realise that the IBL didnt get filled on join before I started to test it out after seeing your suggestion. Sure does explain now why ISBAN often doesnt work. blush

echo -a $signature
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Yeah, I was aware that the IBL and IAL aren't automatically filled. I've been automatically filling those On Op for a decade or longer. (My script was actually called /ialfill).

I'm not sure if it's in the scope of Khaled's plans to hammer the server for these items, as a good custodian of bandwidth and lack of necessity for most users. But I wouldn't object to a quality, throttled, slurping of this information in the background. My script sends each request only 10 seconds after the most recent "End of Who" or "End of Names List" or "End of Banlist" or "On Op (me)" or "On me:Join" by reusing the same $cid based timer name, so requests never pile up.

Link Copied to Clipboard