mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
In compact mode, when a server reconnects, mIRC restores all minimized (hidden) windows. This also has the side effect of marking all windows as read.
It would be nice if this could not happen or at least be disabled through the options.

This is not the signature you are looking for
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. Can you provide a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?

Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
I am currently testing this with an IRC bouncer and the Slack IRC bridge, whenever the server reconnects after being disconnected, it will open all windows. This may be due to the servers sending rejoin messages.

I also have the setting "keep channel windows open" enabled (but not rejoin on connect)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you tell whether the windows are being closed/parted and then opened again?

Also, when you say "all windows", do you mean the status window as well? Query windows? Or just channel windows? that are being restored.

It sounds like the bouncer or bridge is parting all channels and then joining all channels again, in which case there is nothing mIRC can do.

Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
No they are not being closed. The servers are simply being disconnected due to my internet status (sleeping my laptop).
It appears to only be channel windows*

It seems to be that the bouncer sends rejoin messages, as just connecting to a server directly does not re-join channels. (Similar to how rejoin on connect I assume works)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I'm not positive how 'rejoin on connect' interacts, but your bouncer is sending a join message and if mirc has not requested the join itself the window is opened for you (as a forced join). You can work around this by issuing joins before the bouncer with join -n so they remain minimized.

Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
One consolation would at least have the option to automatically open windows minimized on connect (As when connecting without any windows open also spams all the windows onto the desktop)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have changed this so that if a channel window is already open and minimized, a reJOIN due to a hop/kick/reconnect will not restore the window but leave it minimized. This should be in the next version.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Khaled: In an MDI Maximized layout, are windows minimized if they are switched between tab clicks? If not, could you add those type of buried-behind channels to the list not to be restored / activated upon reconnect?

Why is kick in your list?

Do you need access to a BNC (ZNC) for testing?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Looking at the code again, there probably isn't a good a reason to restore/activate any channels windows that are already open, whether minimized or not, if a JOIN is received. mIRC can simply assume that there was a disconnect/kick/hop and that the channel has just been rejoined. This change will be in the next version.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks! FYI, I've oft abused /kicking someone to grab their attention, knowing they'd rejoin and be captivated as the active channel. I'm not sure it was an absolutely necessary or desirable feature. And there are other ways to set an alert if you need to know about being kicked in real time.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
I welcome these changes, thanks smile

Link Copied to Clipboard