mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I have a 3 monitor setup, where the middle monitor is the main monitor. I like to have mIrc on the left monitor; however, every time it is restarted, it comes up on the main monitor, in the same position as on the left. Pretty annoying, as it has to be moved every time.

At a guess, the negative x coordinate for the window position on the left monitor is being "fixed" somewhere, without checking that the monitor is actually there. I'm pretty sure it used to work some versions ago (can't point out exactly when it broke, sorry). Am running the latest public release.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Hello, this is not a bug and not related to multi monitor.
If you want to save the position of your mirc client, you need to do so: right click the mIRC icon in the titlebar ( the top left corner) and select Position > save.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. If I run mIRC, place the main mIRC window on the left screen, exit mIRC, and run it again, it appears on the left screen, as expected.

Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?

T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
I run an older Dell pc. If I run with the on board video mirc wouldn't go to where I left it on a reboot. I watched it closely and it appeared to just start the main monitor first and when the second monitor was made active after a second or two it left my mirc on the main screen and didn't move it to my secondary monitor. Honestly I didn't remember to try the upper left mirc icon button and right click and click position and save. I put in a video card(old and out dated, but still working) and it fixed my problem. Not sure if this would help you or not. It was just my experience. Best of luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard