Print Thread
M
MrToT Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hello there,

i just had a closer look into some of my logfiles and got shocked. every few days just before a session start i found huge blocks of code, lokking like this:

‰`܆,¨ ˆž‰Im¶Ø_•C&¸¤Kkmu±±Z‰z×Ýç•Ön©èc”¡¦k0Ù`d~£–fúÙ„ùî“$ú$î¡¿‰¹Àxý†L9î’ê•yHp ß×pï¼{îúׇªïzÏø–Ïaf
&‰hp úć~ýëýBøÞ©­GÕ«þ©t‰|SÛâ³æ%ó¸öÎý+áÝ÷ù/!ÿQÆ~P
ÏÅ„Ö¨ µ(Nñ '«NC´Lã&’x]ƐZð}KýCÞ¹æ6eÏÝLÓ*ËU&œn¹lÖHÖŽZ¡ä2°1 ƒp@I&Œ‘¿ÕE˜¦Kä­Í ¤$Yo˜âᨃ?y b$ì™EÕ²­—ÀîÛ;Œ qa”³–þðÉi1—ù8›R"‹åq'lü¢Y•›uAÀÚ«~î,…Ò‘‚ ÀDÙÃEU<uRÅŒðB5^š…·€Àƒ„8k1F "±ßÖÚÂƬ)ƒPSv‰¦€T'9pÎSb¼Ä&"bÁ‡ÿû’`À€SÖíaà
*a‹:¥¦Þ
YY­ ñ¦ì+ <2çÀ ;z?¯úÝŒÀË ITŽB–.-ä0 EŽÐà§>4 $cƒšô j ¡îðà2ëþç9úýÿßîžÈ6EV‘?QxÄÇÜ·ìÝ
ÕR˪˜lí hÎÙ$-œ!7ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿéfe
Session Start: Sun Dec 15 13:57:21 2002
Session Ident: #discworld
[13:57] * Now talking in #discworld

i inspected those code blocks and found out, that some of them show my quake3 config, another one the complete winampXML with all my winamp configuration and a further one showed a complete listing of my musik folders. a friend of mine found a "screenshot" of his memory including his diablo2 account...

yes  ( Õ'   ë° Õ' 膭=] š( [ file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\Phil Collins - Testify\12 Phil Collins - You Touch My Heart.mp3 + å( /( " Phil Collins - You Touch My Heart  å( š(   ° š( 膭=I N) G file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\01 RJD2 - The Horror.mp3  ‰) ÷(  RJD2 - The Horror  ‰) N)   T¯ N) 膭=D í) B file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\02 RJD2 - Salud.mp3  #* ›)
RJD2 - Salud  #* í)   —® í) 膭=P “* N file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\03 RJD2 - Smoke And Mirrors.mp3 " Õ* 5*  RJD2 - Smoke and Mirrors  Õ* “*   έ “* 膭=V K+ T file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\04 RJD2 - Good Times Roll Part 2.mp3 ( “+ ç*  RJD2 - Good Times Roll Pt 2  “+ K+   ­ K+ 膭=[ , Y file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\05 RFD2 - Final Frontier ft. Blueprint.mp3 - [, ¥+ $ RJD2 - Final Frontier Ft. Blueprint  [, ,   .¬ , 膭=J Å, H file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\06 RJD2 - Ghostwriter.mp3  - m,  RJD2 - Ghostwriter  - Å,   k« Å, 膭=L m- J file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\07 RJD2 - Cut Out To Fl.mp3  «- -  RJD2 - Cut Out to Fl  «- m-   ¦ª m- 膭=O . M file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\08 RJD2 - F.H.H. ft. Jakki.mp3 ! [. ½-  RJD2 - F.H.H. Ft. Jakki  [. .   Þ© . 膭=S Î. Q file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\10 RJD2 - Chicken-Bone Circuit.mp3 % / m.  RJD2 - Chicken-Bone Circuit  / Î.   © Î. 醭=H {/ F file:D:\Musik\Brennen\Funk\RJD2 - Dead Ringer\11 RJD2 - The Proxy.mp3  µ/ %/  RJD2 - The Proxy 

I would REALLY REALLY like to know how the heck this is possible. does anyone have a solution?

I'm using WinXP (NTFS). I have no known viruses and no unwanted scripts on my harddisk!

Last edited by MrToT; 19/12/02 08:37 PM.
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I've had this before too, with halflife/counter-strike stuff in it. What version of mIRC are you running?

M
MrToT Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have 6.03
a friend of mine has CS stuff in it, too. could you fix it?

G
gpn Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
It seems pretty clear that if you are not sending the information, and you don't know what IS sending the information, then you have a definite "situation".

Your presumption that you do not have any viruses or trojans would seem to be in serious doubt.

G
gpn Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
Of course, if the problem is only in the log file, it could be just garbage that was written into the file, or that formerly occupied that file space, that has somehow gotten corrupted into thinking it's really in that file.

This can happen if you crash mirc, or crash your system, or generally don't shut down properly.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
It's not a virus, I've had it happen over a few systems, with different AV scanners (McAfee and Norton).

The crashing explanation seems to be the most likely.

Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I agree..
Have experienced this several times in the past, on different mirc versions, and each time it was following a crash of my PC while mirc was active. Tho i can't explain why this fills my channel log up with 100 lines of crap, i'm pretty positive it isn't virus/trogen related.

Link Copied to Clipboard