mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
Hi!

I'm seeing unwanted behaviour on synIrc, where away-notify is enabled (not on other networks that don't have it). mIRC displays the away messages in the active chat window regardless of the relevant setting in the preferences. I'm on 7.51 but using an old, partly-broken version of nnscript (don't ask! :)) so I'm aware that it may not be a pure mIRC issue (then again it appeared only when mIRC added CAP support so who knows).

But where can I look to turn that off? I can't seem to CAP DEL anything from the client side...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not detracting from the possible bug report, but, see if this helps.

/raw CAP REQ :-away-notify

Try that command to disable this CAPability. If it works, then issue the command in On Connect for that $network

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
W
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
This was a little difficult to test, initially, but seems to work fine. Thank you very much!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Testing is fairly easy with the /debug command, so you can watch what's going on behind the scenes. This alias helps.

Code:
debugg { window -aDoe2v @debug. $+ $cid | debug -p @debug. $+ $cid } ; by Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
W
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
Yeah, the trouble was more finding a channel with idle people who had their away statuses on wink

Link Copied to Clipboard