mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi , i have Ustream chat problem im using Chrome and latest codec downloads and updates for Mirc also it was working ok before 3/8/17, i`m using Mirc to chat with on my channel and i can get on my channel from there with account and server ok but when i go to ustream.com main channel chat to look if i`m there but its not showing my login nick and people who are on my channel chat on main ustream channel are not showing on mirc chat, please can you tell me why?, Thanks
my link for channel if you want to try it!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ufo-s-ghosts-channel

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F

I am SReject
My Stuff
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi , ty for your help for information of how to connect to ustream with Mirc i have already setup the connection with my channel with mirc but im still not linked up with my channel on main channel from ustream.com i have my moderator already on my channel under nick of draco68_michael but i can`t see the nick on mirc when i join with my other nick name or when other people join chat on mirc, i have checked all the settings like if people are ignorderd and kicked off my channel but no one is.

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
I just came across this topic. If you are still having an issue, verify your channel name. I've noticed that USTREAM doesn't necessarily use your Channel Name in USTREAM as the Chat Channel Name on the network. ie: My channel might be called "Channel" on ustream.tv but on the chat network it will be "Channel123" The easiest way to check this is to logon to the USTREAM Chat Network with mIRC and do a /whois on someone you know who is on the channel when connected via the website. It should show the actual channel name they are connected to. Then just /join that channel and you should see everyone.

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hiya Magicalpig, ty for your help, i can do what you say on mIRC chat and i can see both my nickname(mod) and my broadcasting name on Ustream channel but its only when im using old setting on ustream chat but now they are changing to a new chat without flash for the old chat settings in Interactivity on ustream that mIRC is not connecting with ustream chat for me to see both my nick and broadcasting name on ustream channel so i think its to do with new chat, does mIRC rely on using flash player so it can connect to ustream chat? because its only working together with it when i change back to old chat settings on ustream under legacy chat, the old settings for ustream chat(legacy) finnish on 31/8/17 but when i go on chat with mIRC on my channel i wont see people coming on chat even though i have same settings for my channel and updated everything, hope you know what i`m trying to say?, you may have to try it yourself on ustream and have mirc to see what i mean.

ty

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
Looks like we are SOL. I don't broadcast much anymore but if their new chat isn't robust I'll probably find another solution for my broadcasts. I'm not IBM's demographic anyway. Once they bought Ustream I knew the writing was on the wall. I enjoy engaging with my viewers and using an IRC client over web based was so much more convenient. All of their documentation on their new "White Label Chat" (Custom unbranded chat) indicates chatting via IRC clients will not work. It specifically doesn't say it will not but I'm not to hopeful. The wording of the following statement I found in one of their docs seem to say "IRC Chat" will no longer work. Although their new chat does seem to utilize the protocol.

"Here are some of White Label Chat's highlighted features

Ustream accounts are no longer a requirement to log into the new chat. You just choose a nickname and you should be able to participate in the discussion.
No longer Flash based
Newly created channels only see the New Chat and not the IRC chat.
Existing channels have the ability to switch from IRC chat to the New Chat manually until Aug 31, 2017"

The fact that they use term "IRC Chat" indicates to me their version will not support it.

Oh well.

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Oh gosh so there`s no hope for using mIRC with ustream chats, lets hope they will support it in the near future or even if mIRC can get around it with new updates to solve the problem , we can only hope!, for now i`m still using old chat on Ustream with mIRC but i think they will give me less options for chat and i need to change to new chat soon i guess, thanks for your help and support!

Link Copied to Clipboard