OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
mIRC version: 7.49
Bug subject element: |

while having active sockread, like running a server or reading from a server,

i had var value, used as %_render

Quote:
%_render has &, ;, # also, &, " etc like from HTML source.

When i try to use echo and alias within same line for ex;

Quote:
if ($sockname == wingman) { echo -a $sockname %_render | _fix $sockname %_render }

sockname returns the %_render's first or 2nd space target like $token(%_render,1,32) and completely ignores the $sockname.

which is, when i do the above thing that i use, it doesn't returns properly for $sockname value.

even i tried those aswell;

Quote:
on *:sockread:wingman:{
var %_sock = $sockname
etc...bla..bla..
if ($sockname == wingman) { echo -a $sockname %_render | _fix $sockname %_render }
}

it's not properly returns the $sockname.

This is really important issue, i'm really afraid to using " | " this now. Please fix this issue khaled, i need it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce an issue with | so far. Can you provide an example that reproduces your bug that does not use $sockname, just a normal variable or $identifier that does not need to be part of an event?

W
WingmaN Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
W
I've encountered this bug more times, even if i changed the subject element "|".

I was using, same variables such as var %_a %_a0 %_a1 on different aliasses, i've changed them into different variable settings on each alias to %_b and %_c.

and I still encountered that $1 is not returning properly as its should. Somehow, $_alias($1,$2) encounters $1 as $2-.

I'm still testing the subject, when I'm compeletely sure about of this subject, i'll post it here, thanks for quick reply.

And, why do you think that can happen, and how can I fix this on my own, what should I use?

Link Copied to Clipboard