mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
This has bugged me for a while, but I've simply changed the option to workaround it.

mIRC does not support the %#Channel prefix usually - when you successfully join, mIRC sends PART immediately after.
By adding '%' to CHANTYPES in the 005 raw, mIRC is quite happy to join the channel, as one might expect.

The bug is when you try and use /list (or /listx on IRCX) - mIRC successfully reads the channels, but filters them as non-text channels (Hide non-text channels is turned on by default)

My suggestion would be that mIRC supports channel prefixes in the list dialog that are found in the CHANTYPES - or disable the hide option by default
- What is the value of this option now, with many servers supporting UTF8 channel names?

~JD

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I tested the feature and it is working correctly. As described in the help file, this option will filter out channels that begin with characters that are not numbers or letters.

Some time ago, it was extended to treat ##channels as seen on Freenode as normal channels, as this has become a standard prefix format. It could be extended again to treat [chanprefix][chanprefix]text as valid prefixes, ie. two channel prefixes in succession, assuming that these are now standard prefix formats on some networks.

T
The_JD Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Quote:
# The '#' prefix identifies a RFC1459 global channel.
& The '&' prefix identifies a RFC1459 local channel.
%# The "%#" prefix identifies an extended global channel name (a modified UTF8-encoded UNICODE string).
%& The "%&" prefix identifies an extended local channel name (a modified UTF8-encoded UNICODE string).

on >= IRCX, the %# prefix is the most commonly used channel prefix (often the only option) and is considered to be a standard prefix. This was also the case with a few larger networks (such as MSN Chat), but wasn't an issue there as only opers could access /listx (instead, users were forced to use the website to list channels)

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)

Link Copied to Clipboard