mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
When I join a channel, any channel, no common channel activity is being displayed.
I can join and post but, I only see when someone joins or quits.

Previously I have been able to do most anything i wanted to include file "gets" (DCC) as well as chat.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Deleted the .ini to default my settings.

Help!
I am at a bit of a loss.

Thanks,
Mike

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
this might be caused by a mode set on that channel. If you type:

/mode #NameOfThatChannel

you get a reply showing the channel name followed by some letters, at least one of them will be a plus symbol. i.e. +nsrt

edit: please let us know if this is a twitch channel, as those networks follow different rules the rest of us may not be aware of.

Last edited by maroon; 06/08/17 03:17 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Also, check results of /ignore
as the list of who you're ignoring is stored in control.ini and doesn't get reset when you delete mirc.ini. Ignoring *@* can cause this.
also, "//mode $me +d" sets deaf mode for yourself, and it's remotely (pun intended" that you have a remote script that's setting this on yourself, or else you're setting this on yourself in perform-on-connect, which is also stored outside mirc.ini, in perform.ini

Does this happen in ALL channels?
can you see a reply when you ping yourself? //ping $me

You haven't by any chance set your colors to white-on-white? That would cause chat to appear invisible except for an extra blank row, but the other events in other colors would still appear.

Link Copied to Clipboard