mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
JasonE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
This has had me buffled for a long time and I can't seem to find an answer. This is what I need to know. Software used is Unreal 3.2.6 . ChanServ is used. Tho I know the command /mode #Channel +q Nick will make someone a channel owner by a founder or owner, it is temp. What I need to know is how to get /chanserv to make +q or +qo to stick like +v +h +ao, so it is done by chanserv every time like those do ... looking at chanserv list help, it doesn't seem to show anything save VOP/HOP/ and SOP. So how is this accomplished?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
+q is given to the channel owner/founder, so it should be given after you identify yourself to chanserv. Probably:

/chanserv identify #channelname ChannelPassword

Some IRCD are set so they won't give you founder status even if you know the channel's password, until someone has told chanserv that your nick owns that channel.

J
JasonE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I am identified: ---{ Identified Nickname: Yes
I am not the channel owner/founder. I am set as & in chanserv. The owner/founder types the mode command and it works.... upon returning to channel it puts me back to &. But they need to know how to tell chanserv to make and remember each time that I am a channel owner, made so by the founder.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
&nick means someone is on the SOP list receiving +ao

See if your chanserv offers 2 different choices for Owner and Founder:

/chanserv help owner
/chanserv help set founder

If Owner is a separate option, it's possible this will let you be given +q without being the founder of the channel.
If the above Owner status exists, the founder would have to be the one to add you to that status, which should take you off the SOP list, since chanserv only lets you be on 1 of the AOP/SOP/VOP/etc lists at a time.

Also, it helps to have all your nicks link/group together, or else chanserv will only give you status while being your 'here' nick and not your 'afk' nick.

J
JasonE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
ok. Ty for all the help mate... after some playing and getting something from an unreal ~, this was what did it : and it only stuck after removing SOP status by founder ....
[2:09am]« Gary-R- » 2 - The commnd is Syntax: /msg ChanServ SET channel FOUNDER nick

J
JasonE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Re: Gary-R- » If you are set as admin on the network then it doesn't matter what sign you have before your name. I can still gave + and all commands will work. With no admin powers, all the signs before your name in the world will not work.
-------------------
Seems the command worked...but i find i still have only & privilages... you mentioned thats because the server commands actually give you access to the level you are authed to be at.... what do I need to do to get the owner access? (not founder just owner) ... there are a few things i would like to be able to do such as to force join people that set themselves up in main room, into the setup like you can do here... it just says permission denied when trying.
i can get access to the server if i know what to do.

Last edited by JasonE; 19/06/17 05:45 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As I said in my previous post above, if your IRCD is same as mine, there's OWNER and FOUNDER status, with 2 different access. You didn't say whether your IRCD splits OWNER and FOUNDER into 2 different things. Do these both give you a reply?

/chanserv help owner
/chanserv help set founder

It will help you to be more knowledgeable about chanserv privileges. You should do "/chanserv help" to see all the topics, and once you see the topics you can get more info about with "/chanserv topicname". Also, there's "/chanserv help set" to see additional topics.

Link Copied to Clipboard