#260565 13/05/17 07:06 PM
J
jaany Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Hey there,

New to mIRC, and trying to get an automessage out every time someone subs or resubs. The current code I have works fine for new subs, but does not work for resubs and does not work if they include a message to their share.

I've tried multiple scripts without luck.

My current code is

Code:
on *:connect:{
  if ($server = tmi.twitch.tv) {
    ; Requesting capabilities is necessary to recive the info
    raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/membership
    raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/tags
    raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/commands
  }
}

on 1:text:*subscribed*:#channel: { 
  if ($nick == twitchnotify) && ($istok($1-,subscribed to,32)) halt
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 == $null ) { msg $chan /me Thanks for subscribing $1! }
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 == with ) { msg $chan /me Thanks for subscribing $1! }
}

raw USERNOTICE:*:{
  if (($msgtags(msg-id).key == resub) && ($1 == #channel)) {
    var %nick $iif($msgtags(display-name).key, $v1, $msgtags(login).key)
    if ($0 == 1) {
      msg $1 /me Thanks %nick for subscribing $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row! 
    }
    else {
      msg $1 /me Thanks %nick for subscribing $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row! 
    }
  } 
}

As I mentioned, this works fine for new subs and prime subs, but not for resubs or subs with a message.

Appreciate all help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
when you're having trouble getting your code working, it's often very helpful to salt your code with some echo messages sent to status window or to a @test window. The message should contain $scriptline so you know which of them is being displayed, as well as preventing an error if all you're doing is printing an empty variable or a variable that begins with a hyphen.

This should let you see whether your $event is being triggered when it should be, or whether the problem is that your if-statements aren't using correct logic.

something like:
echo -s $scriptline key: $msgtags(msg-id).key 1-: $1-

J
jaany Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Originally Posted By: maroon
when you're having trouble getting your code working, it's often very helpful to salt your code with some echo messages sent to status window or to a @test window. The message should contain $scriptline so you know which of them is being displayed, as well as preventing an error if all you're doing is printing an empty variable or a variable that begins with a hyphen.

This should let you see whether your $event is being triggered when it should be, or whether the problem is that your if-statements aren't using correct logic.

something like:
echo -s $scriptline key: $msgtags(msg-id).key 1-: $1-

Decided to switch to node.js and make something there that works for now! Thanks, though

Link Copied to Clipboard