mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I'm looking to script or have a feature added that will automatically expire (remove) certain events like JOIN PART QUIT MODE from channel buffers after 10 or 15 lines. The events would still be logged to file, but wouldn't clutter up the buffer of slow chat or hugely populated channels.

I would even like to see this enabled as the default behavior. One of the early things people ask is how to turn off join/part/quit messages from flooding their screens. Being able to only see the most recent of these events would be nice, to see when the user you're chatting with parts or quits or rejoins, but after 10 or 15 lines that information becomes fairly irrelevant to most-most-most people.

Thanks.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Even with ZNC and persistent webchats like IRC Cloud, most people are connecting via IRC client and are doing so over WiFi and Mobile connections with notoriously hideous connection stability. Even a channel with 100, let alone 2000 users, becomes quickly overwhelmed with people unable to stay put in the channel. Or they're connecting via webchat where "we're just a browser tab" and are constantly quitting and rejoining every 10 minutes Firefox crashes.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Note that some of us might prefer said events to stick around, as the behavior is now. smile

Happy license owner. smile
P
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
P
You can certainly have a script which filters out the JOIN PART QUIT MODE messages from the channel and, if the channel has logging on, writes them to the channel log.

But AFAIK, there is no way for a script to delete a line from a channel window.

Code:
/dline #chan 1

doesn't work.

/dline is only for custom windows. So I guess this feature request is to extend dline functionality to allow it to work on channel and query and DCC chat windows.

Last edited by Protopia; 30/06/17 10:21 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard