mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
When we close mIRC, the mIRC process remains open in the Windows Task Manager.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I noticed this too. And TaskHost process then uses 100% CPU (from a single core) while mIRC is trying to close. I noticed it last night but haven't tested it further.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Same here. No scripts. Also, there are beeping and clicking sounds that stop once I kill the process.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted By: RoCk
Same here. No scripts. Also, there are beeping and clicking sounds that stop once I kill the process.

Truth. That happens to me as well. And I thought it was from my sound card. LOLLLL

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Turned my computer into a Geiger Counter for a few hours.

I ran mIRC v7.47.756 via WINE for about 5 minutes. About 30 minutes after exiting mIRC I'm listening to music on YouTube with earbuds and about halfway through the song I start hearing sounds like a Geiger Counter coming from the inside of my computer. I closed my browser, removed my earbuds (I don't have speakers), my machine actually sounds like a Geiger counter. Moving the mouse, typing, and copying files made my computer sound more radioactive.

I figured my hard drive was going bad because I've had other machines make all sorts of strange sounds like that when the drive is going bad. Spent about 4 hours making backups of everything, launched htop (task manager) for unrelated issues and notice mIRC and WINE is still running. The sounds stopped when I killed mIRC and WINE.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This was due to the fix for this bug report that required changes to the way mIRC shuts down. I have made a change that should resolve this for the next beta.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for your bug report. This was due to the fix for this bug report that required changes to the way mIRC shuts down. I have made a change that should resolve this for the next beta.

Thank you Khaled,
I'll wait for the next beta version of mIRC wink

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)

Link Copied to Clipboard