mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
This is not a major concern, but is something I would like to see added.

I suggest having an option to turn off auto copying of text on highlight (sometimes I copy text I don't want to if my trackpad/mouse acts up)

This may seem like a selfish request but I do think this is something that should at least have an option.

- Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I could add an option that makes the auto-copy work only if you hold the shift key down. Would that work?

Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Yes, that would work. Thanks! smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Drats. I forgot that both the shift and control keys are already used for changing the way text copying works. The shift key allows you to copy a wrapped line as multiple lines, while the control key allows you to include control codes with the copied line.

The only other available key is the alt key, however that is not practical because of the way it interacts with menubars, shortcuts, and other features.

If anyone can think of another viable method, I am all ears.

Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Are both ALT keys used for other features/shortcuts? The right ALT could maybe be used? What about TAB? These are the only other one's I can think of

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Why not Shift + RCLICK?

I am SReject
My Stuff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Differentiating between the left and right ALT keys might add more complications as they have different uses depending on the keyboard type/language/etc.

I could add an option that requires the Shift key (or maybe the Control key) to enable a mark/copy and, after that, you can either continue to hold it or release it for the existing behaviour regarding wrapped lines/control codes. How does that sound?

Update: the Control key might make more sense here as it is associated with Control+C when copying text.

Last edited by Khaled; 14/02/17 01:37 PM.
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
That sounds like a workable solution to me!

Link Copied to Clipboard