mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
X
x64 Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
X
It would be great if /rline and /dline would work for main channel/query/status windows, as there is no way to replace text in those windows.

I have a number of ideas that i would love to implement (e.g. condensing multiple similar lines into one as they occur, condensing JOIN/MODE into one without delaying, etc) but have no way of changing the window text.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
bump.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
I'm going to bump this as well.

The reason is that I've encountered 2 IRC servers that use message tags to give a message a unique id, and then later on that id is used to reference the line when a state changes.

Examples of this:
The two servers sends an edit event for when a message gets edited. It would be nice to be able to edit the referenced line instead of displaying a new message showing the edits

One of the servers sends a delete event when an op or user deletes a message. Though clients aren't required to remove the message, it would be nice if scripters could remove those lines as they desire.

Code
;; Received message
@msg-uid=123abcXYZ :User!Ident@Address PRIVMSG #example :txet

;; Message was edited
@target-uid=123abcXYZ :User!Ident@Address PRIVMSG_EDIT :text

;; Message was deleted
@target-uid=123abcXYZ :Op!Ident@Address PRIVMSG_DELETE :reason

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 02/07/20 09:37 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
kap Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Originally Posted by x64
I have a number of ideas that i would love to implement (e.g. condensing multiple similar lines into one as they occur, condensing JOIN/MODE into one without delaying, etc) but have no way of changing the window text.

*bump*

GNU Terry Pratchett - Looking for a mIRC help channel -> Check #mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net

Link Copied to Clipboard