mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
klez Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Hi again! I want to suggest some important things to make mirc better, that previously was suggested, but not implemented!

So:

1. Is a chance mIRC to have multilingual support? And when?

2. Will be highly recommended to introduse parameter /run -w, that tells to wait the program that is running until his terminating and after that to execute next commands in the script after /run.

3. To introduce identifier $admin or something else, where show if mirc is running as administrator or not. This is very useful for scripters.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I think Khaled once stated that he was working on 1).
edit: http://www.mirc.co.uk/pfaq.html it says on the faq that mIRC would support more language in the near future, but that was decade ago.

2) would make mIRC freeze during the wait, like a while loop, which is bad. But if you are fine with mIRC freezing, you can do the wait yourself, probably: https://github.com/schordave/CodeArchive/blob/master/mSL/utils/exec.mrc

3) Can you give a list of some useful things you would do?

Last edited by Wims; 04/11/16 07:13 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
klez Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Thanks, dear expert for you answer! So, let me explain!

1. I understood that the next future for multilingual support will be in 2100 year.

2. run -w will use scripters so i think they know what to do! If i make a script where: /alias loop { :next | echo -a Infinite Loop and you can't read this! | goto next } would you think that is not a loop? Why in programs like Autoplay Media or Multimedia Builder that has LUA scripting has this command? Is possible to introduce thinks to prevent loops from /run -w caused and so on.. Think twice..
So if you think that exec.mrc or dlls, coms etc. are good ideas to parse this idea, let's remove /run -h, run -np and all commands.. Let use dlls and cmds..

3. So let me you know that are many scripters that has their own full scripts (as portable). For example i have a script that write id tags to audio files. So when somebody (a n00b for example) will try to write a file in C: or somethings else, on Windows 8/10, mirc will bring error /write: unable to write.. So script gives errors, user becomes trouble and says that this script is sux (and not mirc)

Thank you.

Last edited by klez; 04/11/16 09:15 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard