Print Thread
#258577 30/07/16 03:00 AM
S
SirUrza Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Are there any plans to update mirc's gui to match the windows 10 interface?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you provide examples of the types of GUI changes you would like?

S
SirUrza Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Well maybe the status/channel windows being updated to match the style of Windows 10? (Instead of the rounded edges, make them square and the borders narrower.)

Maybe the status/channel obeying the new title bar coloring rules when they're the active/inactive window?

In general cosmetic stuff to make in internals look less windows 9x and more 10. (It pains me to say that btw!)

Last edited by SirUrza; 02/08/16 10:14 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is a common request regarding the GUI. Unfortunately, it is part of the Windows MDI interface and cannot be changed by an application. Microsoft decided not to update the MDI interface (where windows are contained within the main window in an application) in newer version of windows because they are moving away from MDI to SDI. SDI is like Firefox, where windows are maximized all the time inside the application, so all you can see is one window at a time. mIRC can already do SDI - all you have to do is to maximize the windows inside mIRC. While I could turn mIRC into an SDI application permanently, most users find MDI, with multiple visible windows, useful, so this is not likely to be changed.

S
SirUrza Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
That makes perfect sense. I typically have multiple chan/msg windows tiled, so I'd rather not give them up either. Thanks for the reply and explanation. smile

Last edited by SirUrza; 08/08/16 01:36 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard