Print Thread
#258598 01/08/16 11:51 PM
Z
Ztjuh Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
I don't want to auto-join some channels on invite, so i wrote the code below but it ain't halting, it's joining the channel, is this a bug, or is it impossible what I want?

Code:
/ajinvite on

on *:INVITE:#:{
  if ($chan == #thisisatest) halt
}

Windows 10
mIRC 7.45

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You need to use the ^ event prefix to indicate to mIRC the event must be triggered before mIRC's own behavior is applied for that event, without it, the event is triggered after mIRC already sent /join, basically.

Code:
on ^*:invite:#:{

Edit: even with that prefix, it does not prevent the joining of the channel if you have mIRC set to autojoin channel when invited, maybe that would be a bug.

Last edited by Wims; 02/08/16 01:07 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
I'd say it's a bug, but you can easily fix it by reversing your code. Turn /ajinvite off and use invite event to decide which channels you want to join automatically.

Code:
on *:invite:#: {
  if ($istok(#MyChannel #YourChannel #TheirChannel #SomeChannel,#,32)) join -n #
}

EDIT:
Just because I forgot to mention, it's possible to do it the other way around too. Instead of listing the channels you want to join automatically, you can list the channels you don't want to join automatically. All you need to do is to add "!" in front of the $istok:
Code:
on *:invite:#: {
  if (!$istok(#MyChannel #YourChannel #TheirChannel #SomeChannel,#,32)) join -n #
}

Last edited by Dazuz; 02/08/16 07:42 AM.
Z
Ztjuh Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
Doesn't work for me, I updated to 7.46 today, same results.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
You must turn mIRC's own autojoin setting off (/ajinvite off) and let the script take over.

Z
Ztjuh Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
Thanks you very much!

Link Copied to Clipboard