mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257602 25/04/16 03:52 AM
B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
Is there a twitch script for whenever someone hosts your channel it'll reply back with: $nick, thank you for hosting the stream for (viewers) viewers Is this possible?

B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
Originally Posted By: Bestpeff
Is there a twitch script for whenever someone hosts your channel it'll reply back with: $nick, thank you for hosting the stream for (viewers) viewers Is this possible?

I am interested in a good answer for this myself. The only way that I know how to do this is to have both your main account and your bot's account log on to Twitch, as the "is now hosting you" message is only received on your main Twitch account, not your bots account. You would need to somehow relay that information from your main Twitch account to your bot's account so that your bot displays the thank you message. As far as I know, this would force you to modify all your current scripts to ensure that they would not be activating on your main Twitch account, as both accounts would be on the same server.

Having said all that, I use a fairly dirty way of achieving a host notify script without having to modify my scripts for having two accounts active. I run two instances of mIRC, one for my bot, and one for my main Twitch account. When the host message appears on my main Twitch account, I have that account whisper my bot's account the host message to display in chat.

On my main Twitch account's mIRC, I use:
Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:?: {
  IF (($nick == jtv) && (*is*now*hosting* iswm $1-)) {
    IF ($7 isnum) MSG YourBotsAccount hostinfo $1 $+ , thank you for hosting the stream for $7 viewers!
    ELSE MSG YourBotsAccount hostinfo $1 $+ , thank you for hosting the stream!
  }
}

In my bot's copy of mIRC, I use:
Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:?: IF (($nick == MainTwitchAccount) && ($1 == hostinfo)) MSG #yourchannel $2-

B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
I actually don't have a bot account because I use my mIRC bot in multiple channels. So is there a script that wouldn't need a bot script and a main account script (just one)?

B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
Originally Posted By: Bestpeff
I actually don't have a bot account because I use my mIRC bot in multiple channels. So is there a script that wouldn't need a bot script and a main account script (just one)?

Do you mean that you are using your MAIN Twitch account (that you stream on, and want the host notifications for) instead of having a separate Twitch account for a bot? If so, then everything is much, much easier.

Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:?: {
  IF (($nick == jtv) && (*is*now*hosting* iswm $1-)) {
    IF ($7 isnum) MSG #YourChannel $1 $+ , thank you for hosting the stream for $7 viewers!
    ELSE MSG #YourChannel $1 $+ , thank you for hosting the stream!
  }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard