mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sano Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I updated to the lasted version mIRC 7.44 and have found some of my scripts no longer work. I have been using miRC for many years and never in the past have had any of my scripts failed to work. The latest changes in mIRC 7.44 are a huge negative as I run a network and have about 200 scripts loaded in my mIRC client. I also noticed new auto popups when wanting to use various scripts or commands which is nothing but a hindrance. Please if this could be corrected somehow, it would be appreciated as I need all my scripts working. Thanks.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You're going to have to be way, way more specific. "some of my scripts no longer work" is much too vague for anyone to work with.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
I updated to the lasted version mIRC 7.44 and have found some of my scripts no longer work. I have been using miRC for many years and never in the past have had any of my scripts failed to work.

mIRC works in the same way as all applications that support scripts/add-ons, eg. like Firefox and Google Chrome. Very often, when a new version of these browsers is released, an add-on will stop working until it is updated by the author of that add-on. The same applies to mIRC scripts/add-ons. However, as you have discovered, with mIRC you normally do not need to update your scripts/add-ons. That is because updates to the mIRC scripting language are usually designed to be as backward compatible as possible.

If you have been using mIRC for years and have upgraded many times and have never needed to update any of your scripts, that is actually pretty good going.

However, if one of your scripts has stopped working, you will either need to contact the author of the script/add-on to ask them if there is an update, or you can try updating the script yourself - but you will need to have some idea of how to script to do this.

First, you will need to find out which part of your script is causing the issue. For example, if you usually type a /command and it has stopped working, the issue may be related to that /command and you will need to search for the /command definition in your scripts and then add debugging /echo commands to that command to see where it stops working.

If you can narrow it down to a particular /command, you can try posting the /command definition (not the whole script - that will rarely fit in a post) to this thread and someone on the forums may be able to help.

This will help in tracking down the cause of the issue and it may turn out that either 1) you will need to update your script or 2) you have found an issue in the latest version that can be fixed in the next version.

S
sano Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, here is a script that I have loaded which worked on all previous versions of mIRC up until 7.44
http://pastebin.com/am0bVzb0
This script shows who we ban or mute in channel, the users name, the persson it affects.
Example:

sano sets mode: +b ~q:*!*@*FKS6AJSA.IP
Ban of ~q:*!*@*FKS6AJSA.IP by sano affects: Daisies.

The script no longer shows the bottom line, the guest that it affects. You can try the script yourself on mIRC version 7.43, the script will work, but it will not work on version 7.44

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the feedback. This is related to this bug report and has been fixed for the next version.

You can also try out the beta which fixes this issue here and if you can let us know if it resolves the issue for you, that would be appreciated.

S
sano Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, I was unable to test the beta version of mIRC. It would not respond or connect. Seems to be an issue with it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I tested the beta version and it seems to be working fine. Please note that the beta version is a very minor update to mIRC v7.44 that mainly fixes the on BAN/UNBAN event, so you should not experience any issues with it.

When you say it would not respond or connect, can you be more specific? Do you mean when you try to run the beta, nothing happens? Or you can run it but when you try to connect to a server, nothing happens? Do you see a connection error message?

If you are using anti-virus software, you may need to add the beta to your exception list.

S
sano Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello I opened the beta version and it was "not responding" It went to connect to server, but failed. My anti-virus software is not restricting the beta version.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you disable your anti-virus software completely and then run the beta. Do you see the same issue?

S
sano Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, I now have the beta version running. The problem with the script not working is now resolved. It seems to now be working fine on your beta version. Thank you.

Last edited by sano; 06/04/16 12:07 PM. Reason: Script problem resolved on beta version

Link Copied to Clipboard