mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257412 05/04/16 12:30 PM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Well, first all, Hi everyone, im new on this forum, but I'm quite OLD with using mirc (since 2005)... I really love the mirc scripting, this amazing programing language... Until now, I just keep using mIRC because of the mirc scripting... I love to create things (utilities, games, whatever) through it... And these last years I was thinking about HOW wonderful it would be if on the script editor had a button to COMPILE the current script into a .exe... So you can create games or apps through the mirc scripting and compile it to be runned without needing to load a script through the mirc, and maybe it should running quite (or much) faster than just running through the mirc.... I know theres a lot of other programing language that i can use instead of... BUT i really love how "quite easier" and friendly is the mirc scripting and i really wish to be able to create games, apps, etc through it...

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
This has been suggested a ton of times. mIRC's language is unlikely to be any faster if it didn't go through the UI, that's not the bottleneck-- the actual language implementation itself is. For example, you're unlikely to ever get very far into a performant game without native support for stuff like arrays, floating point math, OOP features, etc. The general consensus is to use a general purpose language, and not mIRC, for your tasks.

Even if you did get a compilable version of mIRC scripting, it would likely take a really long time to create (and be fast); you'd have learned another programming language by then. Also note that mIRC is really not significantly easier when it comes to the types of tasks you're describing, at least, not in 2016. mIRC is good at one specific thing-- dealing with the IRC protocol; it is not any easier to use than say JS, Python, or Ruby, when it comes to anything else.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard