mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257278 26/03/16 07:29 AM
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
I'm going to get straight to the point. I'm here because I want to learn how to create my own bot for twitch. I've written a few lines that I've learned from youtube but I want to go all out. where do i start?

Last edited by acblevins; 26/03/16 07:29 AM.
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
I STRONGLY suggest reading the entirety of mIRC's helpfile(in mIRC, type /help and hit enter). It explains quite a bit about the language and can be read in 2-3hrs for an average reader. From there you will need to have certain goals in mind. Start out small and build up from there.

Once you have a slight understanding of the language and a few goals in mind there's a few tools to make your life alot easier. Not to be self promoting, but here's a few of my own libraries to make dealing with twitchs chat and web interfaces quite a bit easier:

JSON For Mirc: This is a JSON parser wrote for mIRC. Most of twitch's programming interfaces are done via webpage requests that return JSON data. This scripts makes getting that data and, programmatically, understanding it quite easy

mTwitch: This project aims to conform twitch's irc interface into something more usable to mIRC.

Regards
- SReject

I am SReject
My Stuff
A
OP Offline
A
Thank you very much I will check this out

Link Copied to Clipboard